MARRIAGE MORNING

second in the arc ~ Beyond the Stained Glasss
an immediate continuation of I Carry Your Heart

**Adult Content**

A/N: The bed chamber and private bathing chamber are described in ICYH.




~ a short repeat of the end of chapter 16 and then ...

________________________________________


"I brought your things down for you.”

“I found them. Thank you.”

“I brought all of them ...” he said, directing his gaze over her shoulder.

The nightdress was draped across the footboard of the bed. She turned back to him. “You said that was for our wedding night.”

He blushed, a distinct bronzed rose. “I did.”

“It’s morning.”

“Yes.” He looked a little puzzled.

“Do we have to wait ... all day?”

“Let’s not,” he said, as he closed his beautiful hands over hers.



After a moment, he released her and raked his hair back from his face. He turned to stare at his reflection in the great mirror, to stare at the reflection that at last contained the two of them. “Tell me,” he whispered. “Tell me this is not a dream, that when I wake again, I will find you in my arms.”

Catherine rose from her chair, going to his side where she stood – quiet, waiting – until he pulled her into his lap. His arms tightened around her. Her lips played under his jaw, at his pulse that quickened with her touch. She wove her fingers into his soft hair.

“I love you, Vincent. This is our dream ... come true.” She kissed the warm skin beneath his ear. As his breath stuttered in tiny gasps, her kisses deepened and she nipped at his earlobe. He grew hard beneath her; his grasp was possessive. She did not pull away.

He knew ... knew that she loved him. She embraced him, accepted all that he was, all that he was not ...

He was chosen.

A sigh escaped and a shiver overtook him. He would have his dream. His skin would know touch ... her touch. She would invite him into her body, join with him, become truly one.

Catherine pulled back to look at him, her smile teasing, as if she knew his vision of lying in rapture, wound 'round each other. "What is it? Tell me what you’re thinking.”

“I’ve wanted you close for so long and now ..." He looked away, lost in desire. "Now I am ...”

“Nervous? Are you nervous?”

“Oh, yes.”

“I am too ... a little.”

“You are?” Out of habit, he braced himself for the slightest feeling of fear from her, but she stroked his hair and whispered to him.

“I want to give you all you’ve waited for. I want you to take what you’ve dreamed of. I want to show you how beautiful you are to me. I am a little worried ... but only that I won’t have the ... words.”

Words.” He uttered a small, soft laugh. “The words are so new, still strange on my tongue. Lover. Husband ..." He shook his head, wonder in his eyes. “I want everything ... everything with you, now – all at once – and I want to slow the minutes down, savor each one as a lifetime, take each step slowly. Yesterday, I despaired of ever knowing the taste of one kiss from you and today ...”

“This time tomorrow," she promised, "we won’t be so nervous.”

The press of her lips to the corner of his mouth parted his in pleasure; she teased his sharp teeth with her tongue. Her ardor was real. He knew; he truly knew, but still ...

“Catherine.” His voice broke over her name. “I love you ... love you. If I am clumsy, should I disappoint you ...”

“Hush,” she said, smoothing the furrow of his brow, brushing away his fears. “It will be sweet and it will be perfect.”

Nestled into his embrace with her hand to his heart, she stilled him – her offering to pause, to rest. He buried his face in her hair, its honey scent familiar. His heart slowed. Waiting now was pleasure. Waiting now held fine promise. “You wanted a tour, Catherine. Do you still?”

“Can you walk? I’ve probably cut off your circulation, sitting here so long.” She eased him with her gentle humor, eased from his arms, but when she shifted, when she started to rise, he held her back.

“First, there is something I should ask you ... I must ask you. What you said about ... we need ...”

“Birth control?”

Her words, aloud, deepened his heated flush. “I don’t ... I’m not ...”

“Prepared?”

“This is serious, Catherine.”

“Yes.”

“Yes,” he returned, firm, struggling to scowl ... but her laugh rang as silver bells in his mind.

“Remember something else I said earlier. That I’d been wishing too? I’ve been ... hoping ... for this for a while now. Peter thinks ... well, we've considered everything, and I've taken care of that issue the best I can.

“Peter?”

“I couldn't ask Father, Vincent. That would have been just too personal.”

“I can see that.” He frowned. "But what does that mean ... the best you can?"

“It means don't worry. I love it that you asked.” She slid off his lap and bent to him, nose to nose, cajoling him to smile. “We might plan a baby or we may be surprised; we might even find one – but for now ... it's the two of us. Come with me. I want to see where we will live together. And when we're done, I want to come back here, to this room, to that beautiful bed again. With you.” She walked to the doorway, turned in it, waited for him rise and follow her.



“Tell me ... everything.” They stood outside the mirror room, the atrium rising high above them, while the light, soft and golden, brighter than before, flashed and canted in a strange rhythm. It was quiet here. The pipe sound was muted; the subway sounds silenced.

“Devin and I shared my chamber until he left. After Lisa ... after I ... recovered from my dark time ... I went roaming the forgotten places. The glass window I found several months later. Before, there was only a curious opening in the stone, barely fitting a small lantern. I chipped it out over time to make room for the window. It was good therapy.

“And when the opening was large enough and I could crawl through, I did, of course. I discovered the passageway behind my chamber and the staircase. I ran for Father, dragged him through and brought him here. He was as amazed as I. The rooms stood empty except for the mirror. He knew nothing about them, neither who had created them, nor who had lived here. It was as if they were waiting just for me.

“Father said it would be our secret, but that proved impossible. After the window went in, I created the hidden doorway in my room with Winslow’s help. The latch system was his design. Eventually, we discovered another hidden passage ... a back door out. I needed a place to be alone, for there were times ..." He held her gaze. "No one enters here, not even Father, without an invitation.

“I built the library and I come here to study. I bathe here. Some nights, I sleep here. Many days I've walked a circuit on these stones, dreaming of these rooms filled with voices and laughter. With music. I’ve imagined dancing with you here, Catherine, as we did at Winterfest. I’ve imagined ... many things. Until now, I believed they would echo forever with my aloneness.”

“Show me.”

“Most are still empty.”

“I want to see.”

Nearest the bedchamber was a shallow nook. A knowledge deep and bright unfurled. It was large enough, close enough for a cradle, for a rocking chair. A look charged between them, but he led her onward without a word.

Tall cabinets lined the walls of the next room and a stone sink cut into a far wall was piped with hot and cold water – a kitchen. A large table claimed the middle ground, on it bowls of fruit, a loaf of William’s dark, chewy bread, a ewer of water and a flagon of red wine.

The circular stair led to the second floor, to a gallery where, along one side, three smaller chambers opened. Two were indeed empty, but one bore evidence to his retreat. There, a simple iron bed – soft patch-worked quilts on a deep feather mattress – and an old-fashioned dresser piled with books spoke of silent hours alone, a man apart.

He took her hand, guiding her past the head of the sweeping stairs, around to a long, narrow room above the library and bath and opposite the bedchambers. It faced the gallery with three wide, arched doorways, and inside, similar arches divided the space into rooms. In one, ledges and niches were carved floor to ceiling, shelves calling out for keepsakes. The walls of the second were chiseled smooth, the room nearly round. The last was smallest, square and plain, though on its vaulted dome, stories high, the strange light danced, minerals in the rocks twinkling like stars.

Drawn into the space, enchanted by it, she left him at the doorway and trailed her fingers along the walls, arranging her treasures on the shelves, crowding the ledges with photographs and books. She imagined her father's massive desk in the center space, the glow of his lamp, the antique globe in its slow spin. Her vision blurred and she braced herself against the stone.

Vincent stood outside the rooms, watching as she moved through them. “Do you think you might be comfortable here, when you ... are below? Anything, anything you want, I will make happen.”

“It’s beautiful. We’ll be happy here.” She went to him, to the rock railing of the gallery, and leaned into him, open, certain. "Together."

“Are you at all afraid, Catherine?”

“No.” She took his hands in hers, bringing them to her breast. “I feel ... blessed.”

For a long moment, he studied her face, then closed his eyes.

“What? You’re ... dreaming?”

“I’m remembering what Tennyson wrote – a poem for Emily, his wife. He felt his marriage to her was the culmination of his life’s work, the finest thing he’d yet or would accomplish. For this is the golden morning of love, and you are his morning star ...” 1

His voice, always the same effect, a melting heat ...

Love me ...


Not in words but with her heart, through her eyes, she spoke to him, and her hand in his, he led her in descent of the curved stairs. When he reached the floor, she stopped him, turned him with a tug. “Vincent,” she began. “There is something I want.” She stood two steps above him, nearly at his height, and pushed both hands into his hair, combing with her fingers, tracing his ears, the tensing muscles in his neck.

“Anything. Tell me.”

“I suppose I am asking you.”

“Then ask me. Please.”

“The bath ... is so beautiful.”

He inclined his head. “It is.”

“Will you let me– Your hair– I saw your comb. I've dreamed of it," she whispered.

She's dreamed of ...

Blood forging ahead of thought, he kissed her, insistent, his hands in her hair. He felt ... in flight. There was nothing but desire in her answer, nothing but love. Her tongue teased his teeth again, probed his riven lip. The taste of her, the scent that rose from him ... a twist of need.

“Let you? Yes, I will ... let you.” His breath, ragged, carried the words hot into the hollow of her clavicle. He scooped her up, carried her cradled in his arms and with fluid, quicksilver movement, crossed the atrium for the mirrored chamber. In his mind, the words echoed, wild and hot ... their bedchamber, their bedchamber, their bedchamber, followed only by her name, overreaching, again and again, the only word, the only word, one word ... one word ...

Catherine ...



Catherine.” His voice rasped, the distinct rattle returned. “Catherine.”

She could just hear him over the heavy throb of her pulse ... separate beings for the last moments ... lovers, about to be ...

He let her stand, his hands gripping her arms, blue fire in his eyes ...

Catherine,” he said again, beautiful to say, wondrous to hear. "Will you ... may I ... undress you?”

She willed herself silent though joy leapt and sang in her heart, willed herself to refrain from attacking his wide belt and his shirt, to stand hushed, to allow him his pace. Whatever he wanted, whatever he needed ...

I want to see you,” he answered.

Her permission, her ... invitation

She helped him start. The first, then the second fasteners of her vest unbuttoned, she let her hands fall and with her eyes and tremulous smile, summoned him to finish. When he hesitated, the hoarse rasp underscoring his rapid breath, she reached to open the third.

He stopped her hands.

I will,” he promised.

Slowly, deftly, he opened her vest and unclasped the belt low-slung over her shift. He pulled it away, letting it fall to the floor, and knelt before her. As he lifted one foot, she sank onto the edge of the high bed, bracing herself behind with her hands. He removed her soft boot, pulled away her thick wool sock, repeating the same tender mercies with her other foot and then ... pushed up her skirt and caressed her calves with the palms of his hands.

He bent over her knees, pressing them closed, and laid his head, his cheek, to her thighs. His hair feathered golden and downy over her legs. Moments passed and she was spellbound ... until with his chin he gently nudged her legs apart ... just barely apart ... and pressed soft lips to her skin, just above her knee. His touch was lightning – sudden, brilliant, electric.

Her hand threaded into his hair and he raised his head, meeting her starry gaze with his of deep and ancient longing. Catherine saw the azure irises of his eyes darken and spark as if a gallery of images and memories played behind them.

His voice ... hoarse, deeper than she’d ever heard. “I will remember this – you – every moment, forever. How I’ve wanted you, Catherine ...”

Warm and rich and heady, his words poured over her. He rose then, pulling her to her feet and began again with her clothing. Her vest shrugged from her shoulders and fell to the floor. He pulled open the buttons of her dress with eager appetite, the brush of his knuckles, the graze of his nails between her breasts ... jeweled flame. When he reached the last button, he slid his hands beneath the fabric and moved her shift open across her collarbones and away and down her arms. Her dress puddled at her feet and he pulled her one step out of the entanglement. All that remained was a lacy, long-sleeved, clinging camisole – silk, translucent, a color caught between bronze and gold – and impossibly sheer, high-cheeked shorts.

Thrilling her with his gasp of surprise, he raked her body with his gaze, from the swell of her breasts, from her beaded nipples pleading for touch, to the plane of her belly, to the peek of her navel that summoned his tongue. His eyes riveted on the dark, commanding triangle, the call to his loins primal and urgent.

Beautiful ...”

No longer able to resist, she did reach for him, opening first his belt, dropping it, and then the fasteners of his vest, dragging it from his shoulders, pulling the leather-strapped necklace over his head. “Help me, Vincent,” she whispered as she tugged at his overshirt. He reached for the collar to rip it free. Another layer underneath ... more buttons. She worked them open, pushing the flannel from his shoulders, pushing up his undershirt, baring his powerful chest. She burrowed into the silky curls with both hands, brushing his nipples, taking one between her lips ... taking his breath.

He seized the hem of her camisole and drew it over her head, tossed it aside ...

... his hands in her hair, his fingers ... tracing the curve of her ears, trailing the cords of her neck to her heartbeat thundering at her throat, following the chain of her necklace down ... the fullness of her breasts in his palms ... his thumbs stroking, teasing her nipples ... again ... again ... again ...

No sound ... but the rush of breath from their open mouths.

She could part only the first button of his pants, the rest too tight, strained by his erection. “Help me,” she whispered again, begged him, helpless with desire. He dragged the bench closer, sat to pull off his boots ... threw them to the corners, then stood and finished with his undershirt, finished with his pants, ripping open the fly, yanking the fabric down and off his legs. He reached for her last sheer vestment, slipping his hands beneath the waistband and back, over her soft, rounded cheeks. His fingers grazed the cleft there before he swept the silk down, before she kicked the wisp away.

Eyes glistening, eyes wide ... counterparts ... hard and soft, furrowed and curved, bronze and cream. Skin starving, hands clenched with need ... a musky scent, a ripeness. The light flashed again ... strange ... illuminating his hair, a wild halo waving loose on his shoulders, moved by a mysterious wind. His skin was glittering, incandescent with heat. And in his eyes, she was ethereal ... hallowed ... bathed in a white, crystal brilliance ...

Closer ... his hands stroking her spine to the enticing hollow at the small of her back, he embraced her, a keen moan escaping as he buried his face in her hair. He lifted her; her arms were around his neck, her breasts pressed to his chest, her legs wrapped around his waist, hot center to his shaft. He lay her on the bed and stood, reverential, until she begged him in.

Vincent. Hold me. Don’t let me go.”

Side by side, face to face ... he tucked her body to his. Against his chest, he found the velvet softness of her breasts, the taut nipples; under his hand, the rise of her hip. He tucked her closer, found her mouth, her tongue ... so sweet, the taste ... touched her flanks ... free, free to love her ... his skin aflame, desire wildfire between them ... so soft ... at last, at last ...

Closer,” she said.

Closer ... he would melt into her ...

She pulled him in ... her arms strong, her smooth leg over his bristled thigh, locking at his waist. Through soft, hot folds and tickling curls, his swollen sex homed, bringing her to the edge ... the anticipation of hours, of months, the spilling-over ... she cried out in surprise ... closer ...

He entered her ... wet ... stunned by heat ... deeper ... the secret, the mystery ... I see ...

High, high with desire ... the briefest friction, a thrust ... again ... again, again, again ... a shudder, a sob of joy ... slow, again, deep, deep, against her ... rock, oh, again, again ... no knowledge of how, only I must, I must have you ... with her, into her ... exquisite ... bright light in his mind, in his blood, in her mind, in her blood ... his face ... eyes unblinking, lips parted, the hoarse rasp of every breath ... her voice ... everything ... resonating, the ancient sound ... I love you, love you, Vincent, love you, now, now ... oh ... and he came into her, the first time, his first time, with her, loving her, a roar of power ... loud ... loud ... he came ...

... breathing yet, great hard breaths, lungs begging for air, slowing, slower, slowing ... the thud of two hearts in one rhythm ... loud ... slowing ...

... loving him ... lips swollen from his kisses, from the press of months of checked desire ... no longer ... the swirls of golden hair, his umber nipple, beautiful, she said ... molded to him, hollows filled ... her hand soft ... a cup of his testicles, a caress of the tender skin ... untouched by another, ever ... his shaft quivering with her feathered stroke, the ridge and flare, the tumescent head, the wetness of passion foretold ... his head, thrown back against the pillows ... past this, is there life ... tasting him, under his chin, at the throb of his throat, out into collarbones, into hollows defined by muscle, at the flex of biceps to the crook of his arm and back ... again ... how will I bear this, a storm in my blood, the sweet agony, the promise ... his mouth ... oh ... her tongue tracing his lips, a nip to the cleft, a tender tug, a touch to the riven spot ... beyond bearing ... kisses covering his face, suckling his earlobe, her hands in his hair, pinning him, her hot sex to his hard belly, the beat of his blood a drum ... her body ... velvet ... her nipples pearls ... let me see you ... beautiful ... astride now, thighs to his waist ... tighter ... his hands on her breasts, her heart's rhythm in his palms, a whimper of pleasure ... please ... the down of her flanks ... gripping her hips, large beneath her ... hard ... her deep moan a rumble in his throat ...

... his mouth famished for her breast, drawing in, in, the lap of his tongue, fire from her loins, her hand his guide ... here ... one finger ... careful ... two ... yes ... within the secret folds, the swollen nub of pleasure, his tender gyre ... the wonder, the surprise ... soft ... desire evidenced on his hand, the clench of muscle, the scent ... oh ... her rhythm learned with pressured whorl, a deep-toned vibration ... hers ... ringing through him, profound, steeled, straining toward her, enwreathed, enveloped ... so small, so strong beneath him, inside me, deep, deeper ... wanting ... his hair a lustrous veil, an aura golden, native, fierce ... his great weight, his rippled muscle, yielding ... yours ... her smile ... only you ... breathing Vincent ... his name ... Vincent ... again ... slow slow slow strokes, again, again ... arched to him, sinuous hips, higher, higher on her, mine ... on one arm, above her, embrace her, lift her ... tight, tighter ... her head back ... oh ... her throat, alabaster and rose, exposed to his lips ... the scrape of his teeth ... your mirror ... in, in, in ... rock ... against me, rock, Catherine ... slow, slower, so slow ... need you ... thrusting ... one creature, take me ... thrusting ... now ... Vincent! ... wild, hard, fast, hoarse, coursing, oh, a dark and private sound ... hers ... through his veins, his own, she was his ... HIS ... his seed loosed at her womb, loud, long, again, MINE, huge, all that he had, love her, all that I am, love you ...

He fell to her shoulder with a cry for mercy ... at her neck, in the air, the scent of lovemaking, their love ... collapsed to her side, his head on her breast, her legs twining his ... loving him ... her caress, stroking his hair ... holding him, close, close ... I love you, love you, only you, forever, only you ... at last, at last ...

...
...
...

... slow to return ... eyes narrowed, open, light bathing her skin, glowing, blushed, the landscape before him curve, hollow, fullness, shadow ... woman. Mine.

Catherine ... her low response, a humming sound ... am I heavy on you?

Oh, yes ... no, don’t move ... rest with me now ... shhhhh ...

Sinking, fading light, rapture ... love.

...
...
...

Time went missing for her. Late, early, lost ... there was only him, with him naked, warmed, guarded by him, secured ... given. After, perhaps long after, Catherine roused, rising as if up through a lake of pearls, silver light in shining, beaded rivulets coursing over her dream self ...

Waking ...

...
...
...

He stirred, shifting his weight from her, opened his azure eyes to find her there ... close, so close, not a dream ... merciful wonder ... not a dream ...

“Well?” She smiled at him, her lips a silken sweep to his. “Are we? Are we as you imagined?”

Words caught in his throat and were lost. There was a sound; he knew he made a sound, even a second sound and a third – unintelligible – and yet her smile broadened.

“What did you say?” All innocence and mirth.

He shook himself and made a fourth attempt. “Yes ... and no, Catherine." His voice gathered strength. "Yes, as I knew I would be rendered nearly speechless ... as I am proving to you. And no, because my imagination, as exercised as it was ... in this ... could not envision the change you would make in me ... again.”

“Tell me ...”

“My aloneness ... was a stilled kaleidoscope. Your love is the twist and the pieces ... the pieces have fallen into a new pattern, a brilliant pattern of ...” His voice trailed away.

“Happiness?”

Without answering, he traced a small bruise on her upper arm. “Catherine ... did I ...”

She began a protest – “That happened at work” – but stopped and rolled away from him onto her stomach. He moved his eyes and his fingers over her, over her cool, unmarked back, until the contrast of his great and unusual hand to her satin skin paled and his confidence returned. He pulled her into his embrace.

Mmmmm," she murmured, as she spooned into the curve of him. “I’ll tell you about it later. It was funny. Everyone in the office was in tears laughing.”

“Then I will remind you.” His sigh was deep and relieved. "To tell me."

“Talk to me, a poem maybe? One you know by heart?”

“I was thinking of one, one of Emily’s.”

“Wild Nights?”

Come Slowly, Eden.

“Tell me," she said, her voice honey to him, amber and sweet, lulling, undeniable.

Come slowly, Eden, lips unused to thee, bashful, sip thy jasmines, as the fainting bee, reaching late his flower, round her chamber hums, counts his nectars – enters, and is lost in balms.2

Lost in balms ...” His hand rested at her waist; with hers she guided his, coaxed him to cup her breast. “Keep talking. Tell me about the light.”

“The light?” He nuzzled into her hair.

“How it flashes and changes?”

Ah, the light ... like Tennyson’s light. Light, so low upon the earth ... 3 I don’t know how or why, but when the light flickers in these rooms, Above, there's been a storm.”

“A storm ...” She turned to face him then, brushing the hair away from his eyes. “I want to see you happy, Vincent. Always. I want to hear your laughter, like that night under the concert stage, the night it rained.”

“Yes, that night. You were so beautiful ... and so wet.” He smiled at the memory as he passed his hand down her arm. “Perhaps, if you were to be that wet again, I might feel the same ... happiness.”

“Are you teasing me?”

“Oh, no. I mean every word. We do have our own warm pool and a private waterfall.”

She stroked his shoulder and down his spine, pressed her hand to the definition of muscle at the small of his back, brushed over his hip to the top of his thigh ... pulled his leg over hers.

“You're feeling happier already, aren’t you?” She favored him with her slow, knowing smile.

And he kissed her ... before she could say another word.

____________________

sequel to this story is the trilogy ~ A Great and Thorough Good
~ Interludes, Questions and The Only Gift ~

Click HERE for the first story ~ Interludes.
____________________

1. Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Marriage Morning.
2. Emily Dickinson. Come Slowly Eden.
3. Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Marriage Morning.

30 comments:

Sonia Who? said...

I enjoyed this, finally Vincent and Catherine joining in marriage, but I wished you would have made them read their own vows to each other. Maybe you can still add them? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! :-D {{{shivering}}}

That -- was just really hot. I can't remember reading any first time story that steamy. AND it was romantic and loving too. I'm going back in for another read.

I think you handled the commitment scenes perfectly, right in character. Don't change a thing!

Leanne

Vicky said...

Vincent and Catherine... something that has never been... Their first time, so sweet, and sensual, and loving and passionate, and... wow! I need to go for a swim!

In my mind, they don't need ordinary, conventional vows: they've been committed to each other since that first vain atempt at "goodbye" at her threshold... Their hearts have always known better!

So beautiful, Carole!

Anonymous said...

I think that too, Vicky - they are something that has never been - and joined long before they even found each other - the twin flame. I do love them and hope, every time I reread this story, every time I change a word here and there, that I've made this moment ... warm ... but loving and personal and as private as it can be kinda spelled out - if you know what I mean. ;-) I remember being so nervous sending this to you to read the first time. I'm thrilled that you'd read it again.

Your comments today make me so happy!!! If you could only make me faster!

Carole

Vicky said...

Oh, but you have! There is feeling in every touch, if you know what I mean. Like I once told you, the imagery, the action in your stories are not just a description: you make the reader live it. (Well, at least me!)

Please don't worry about faster! Take your time with your characters, listen, talk to them, enjoy them. We can wait!

Unknown said...

Carole, you handled their "joining" with great caution and care. And it's very hot.

Also, let me say that I appreciate that you mentioned Vincent's hair! Long hair on men has always fascinated me - probably why I'm living with a guy who has a braid halfway down his back. Will Catherine get to comb his hair?

Anonymous said...

Carole,
What a wonderful story. I love the passion yet privacy you gave to our Vincent and Catherine. How a beautiful moment can be expressed without vulgarity. You did a fabulous job. I am looking forward to reading more of your work.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Brandy, I know you've read on to Interludes now - the hair and all.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Maria! I'm so glad you feel this way about this story. Even as interested as I am in V's & C's love life, I always want it to have romance first and foremost. Every time. :-)

I'm pleased too that you want to read on and very grateful that you took the time to leave a comment. I have to apologize for any typos - I still find them every time I read a chapter in any story - I guess it is a life's goal to eradicate them all!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your journey through.

~ Carole

Sonia Who? said...

I enjoyed reading this, slowly, a second time. I love how they undress each other. You did a good job of making their first joining sensual, romantic and passionate. Now I can't wait to read A Great And Thorough Good.

Anonymous said...

This was a fun story to write, let me tell you. I'm glad you liked it, Sonia. Glad you found it fitting for them

Carole

AZLadyWolf said...

Carol,

An Unbelievably Exquisite description of two hearts loving each other….. I have never been so moved. The tears are flowing, and I can’t tell you how happy I am for Vincent and Catherine!!!

As much as I hated the way the series ended, in a way, it’s been a good thing, because the fans who love BatB are much, much more emotionally tied to this magical world, so we can make our “Once Upon a Time” end with “Happily Ever After,”…. And the stories are more moving, more tender, more heartfelt, than anything the producers could have ever imagined!

You, and storytellers like you, have given, and are still giving, all of us a much richer story of Vincent and Catherine’s love, and their lives together, along with the lives of the others we have come to love who live in The Tunnels -- Father, Mouse, Mary, Winslow, Jaimie……. Thank you is such an inadequate phrase that doesn’t even come close to expressing my appreciation for your efforts. I will read these stories over and over and over. I have printed them and placed them in binders with pictures, so I can read them by candlelight with a good glass of red wine, some cheese and crackers, and great and familiar classical music…….

AZLadyWolf said...

Also, just FYI,

I was listening to the "CheValiers De Sangreal" track of the DaVinci Code Soundtrack while I was reading Marriage Morning... I thought it was the most magical fit - now everytime I hear it, I think of Vincent and Catherine... so moving.....

Anonymous said...

AZLW! Thank you - your words really brightened my day. You said such nice things, and to think you'd print out my stories makes me want to work even harder.

I agree that over the last 20 years, fan writers and artists and video makers have surpassed anything the original writers could have imagined. We love these two, as they didn't exactly. We cherish them, protect them.

The music you mentioned - I wasn't familiar, but I went to iTunes, listened to the clips and bought the entire album. You're right, it's magnificent music.

When I'm done with Iron/Velvet (it will receive a serious edit after I wrap it up) Kemara and I will collaborate on creating illustrated pdf files for download. I might try printing out the set of stories as a zine, just to see if I can make it look good. I'll have notices about those files when they're completely edited. I know copying each of those chapters had to be a pain.

Thank you so much for reading - it means so much to connect with others and to know that what I've tried to do is pleasing .

Carole

AZLadyWolf said...

Carole,

I'm so glad that you liked the music! I think it stunningly conveys the tenderness, passion, power, and destiny of the love of Vincent and Catherine.

I look forward to your PDF's and possible production of a zine with your story. That would be fabulous! But please don't rush, as Vincent and Catherine have shown us, anything worth having - is worth waiting for. I am still indulging myself in the banquet you have already provided!

Be Well.
Laura

AZLadyWolf said...

Carole,

One more comment, and I promise I won't post anything else today.

I just finished listening to the music - again reading your breathtaking poetry of Vincent and Catherine's first joining, and I must tell you, it is a combination of such beauty and I can swear that I will never be able to listen to and read this without weeping - ever!!! If ever beauty can make your heart ache - this is it..................

Laura

Vicky said...

See, Carole? Laura is right, no rush!

I re-read the story with the music you mentioned and... wow, what an experience indeed! (Yeah right, like I need an excuse to come back to Marriage Morning)...

I'm not Carole but... keep on posting! Welcome.

Hugs.

AZLadyWolf said...

Vickie,

Thank you for the Welcome...I see this blog follow the time-honored tradition of The Tunnels. I'm glad you liked the music as well!!

I'm Home!!

Thanks, and..... Be Well.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Okay, AZLW and Vicky, you two are making me bawl like a baby. I can't tell you how thrilling for you all to say such things! It's so encouraging, so inspiring. You make me want to go forward with writing, something I've always wanted to do. Your words make me believe I can ...

The music is beautiful. I'm creating a whole new playlist of writing music with this one repeated through it.

You two - reading this story again! That makes me so happy!! So pleased!!!

Vicky knows that Marriage Morning was a first for me too – my first attempt at gauzy writing (my term for relatively mild erotica) I was petrified to put a story online for people to read and critique, but I was particularly anxious writing this story. I wanted it to be sweet, sensitive, in character, the culmination of so much longing and always pretty - no icky words, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Laura, yes, WELCOME, and bless you for your kindness. You'll find an incredible family waiting with open arms. Please share your thoughts and dreams with them. Believe me, they want you home.

Carole
:-)
(From my point of view, you can't post too much!)

Anonymous said...

“My aloneness ... was a stilled kaleidoscope. Your love is the twist and the pieces ... the pieces have fallen into a new pattern ... a brilliant pattern of ...” His voice trailed away. "Happiness?" . So tasteful, yet tasty. Who wants to go to work when they can stay home and read classic Vincent and Catherine? Not me. Cathy S

Anonymous said...

:-) I'm so grateful for your comments on these stories. It really is encouraging to know someone reads and enjoys, and that you would take to time to tell me means so much.

Big hugs,
Carole

Linn said...

I know I have told you before Carole how beautiful and exquisite I think this story is, but for nearly two years I have read it over and over again and each time is more wonderful than the last.

Marriage Morning is the first batb story I ever read, and will remain very special, as it heralded the beginning of fandom for me.

You are phenomenal, and a source of inspiration to all of us. Thank you for your dedication, your incredible talent, and for all that you do to keep the dream alive...

In gratitude and with a big hug,
Linn

Anonymous said...

Oh Linn, what a difference you've made in my day! Finding your message about MM was such a nice surprise. Your kind words, your encouragement mean so much. Really, knowing this story still has some resonance after all this time … well, I was pretty much reduced to tears. Thank you.

I didn't know MM was your first-read BatB story! And I'm honored you've read it more than once. That makes me feel good - to hear the story holds up to rereading.

I'm so grateful to BatB for bringing us together. I cherish the artwork you've done for this site and for our WFOL Hearthside Stories. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Big hug back,
Carole

Brenda K said...

Glad I went back to read the comments on MM -- merging the DaVinci Code theme with their first time is a wonderful backdrop. We need a new project -- collecting music beautiful enough to properly score their romantic moments.

There are parts of Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade that are worthy music for Carole's writing playlist.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Brenda! I love the idea of a V/C playlist. Actually that sounds like a very good WFOL 2012, ten-year anniversary project.

Music is always playing when I'm at the computer. Different moody sets. Please send your favorites along. I'll go listen.

C

Anonymous said...

Still re-reading!

GUH! I don't believe I have EVER read a more beautiful, more evocative, more tender, more atmospheric, more erotic love-making scene in my entire life! To accomplish this with such taste and refinement and restraint is an incredible achievement!

This should get an AWARD of some kind! WHEW!

Regards, Lindariel

Anonymous said...

Lindariel, your comments along today, on I Carry and MM, have made my day so special! You're too kind, however, I have grinned like a kid at Christmas today. Your words are wonderful gifts.

I'm so glad you enjoy these stories, reading through again. I'm pleased you'd want to! And really glad you told me. You make me want to keep going.

Thank you for saying this about MM. Thank you so much.

I've been elbow-deep today in WF stuff, but as your comments came through my email, I took a minute to break away from the task and think hard about V and C and all I wish for them to experience.

I hope you will enjoy your WFOL and hope to catch you in a chat over these next nine days.As I write this, only 8 hours until the doors open!

Carole

Anonymous said...

" ... not a dream ... merciful wonder ... not a dream ..."

Just HAD to read this again today, and these few words really struck a chord with me.

So perfect! I can just imagine Vincent waking from so many other dreams of being with Catherine only to find himself alone. "Merciful wonder" indeed!

Regards, Lindariel

Anonymous said...

Lindariel, you have an uncanny ability to say the rightest, most encouraging thing on the very day I needed to hear it. I can't adequately express how grateful I am to know you would want to read this story again! And it really helps me 'keep on keeping on' to hear what moments specifically resonate. Thank you so much.


C

NYC Utopia said...

How does one comment on such a scene?? I want to whisper my observations....
But it looks like everyone (yourself included) has said it all in the comments thread!
I'll just say this: the way you did it seems to make every other narrative style obsolete. I don't want to know whether this is a known writing technique or a breach of rules on the contrary. All I know is that you rendered the rush of sensation, fleeting thoughts, intimacy, oneness.... ideally. Grammar was shed like a heavy belt and clothes, when the time was right.

And you call it a first try? (oh, I know you don't mean a first draft!)
Someone has to say it, and I'm willing to sacrifice myself... it is closer to genius, my dear lady!