Iron Behind the Velvet Notification

An edited chapter has been reposted ~ Chapter 20: A Process in the Weather of the Heart.

So as to receive RSS notification of them, a few readers have asked me to make new post announcements of revised chapters going up. Thank you all for rereading and for your patience as I get back in the swing of the story.

The edits are sometimes significant, with some early chapters gaining almost 1000 words. The middle chapters are less needy, but still I've added a few scenes and some detail. I've obsessed over commas, too, and the obsession is progressing to dashes! I have, however, removed a few ellipses, if you can believe it.

I should be reposting a chapter a week at least and promise to post new chapters at the same time. The newest is half-done already with a nearing ETA.

HERE'S the available Chapter List

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Carole, darling, don't forget:

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again."
~Oscar Wilde

And since it's been SUCH a long time, a poem.

He ate and drank the precious Words -- by Emily Dickinson

He ate and drank the precious Words --
His Spirit grew robust --
He knew no more that he was poor,
Nor that his frame was Dust --

He danced along the dingy Days
And this Bequest of Wings
Was but a Book -- What Liberty
A loosened spirit brings --

Hugs! Brandy